NO Pictures Yet, check back again!
Mud Creek covered bridge, is now situated on CR south 200 west, Rushville, Rush County, Indiana.
It was built in 1881, using a Multiple Kingpost Through Truss construction, by A.M. Kennedy & Sons, has a span of 51 feet, and originally crossed over Mud Creek.
Originally built over Mud Creek in 1881, washed out in 1892 to field and there it was used as a barn. It spent most of its life being used as a barn, therefore was known as Homer Barn bridge. In May 2009 it was moved to and restored at Caldwell Pioneer Acres.
The Pioneer Engineers Club moved the A.M. Kennedy Covered Bridge in Homer, IN to Caldwell Pioneer Acres. A picture of it in its current state is below. This bridge was built in the 1881 by Archibald M. Kennedy and Sons over Mud Creek. It is the only covered bridge in Rush County that does not have the burr arch structure. It uses a king post design and is 65 feet long. In 1892 it was swept off its foundation in a flood and was used as a barn until we moved it. It now spans from the sawmill to the tractor display area at CPA and allows pedestrians a new and more efficient travel route on our grounds.