NO Pictures Yet, check back again!
Offutt Ford covered bridge, is situated on Offutt Bridge Road off CR 300 North, northeast of Arlington, Rush County, Indiana.
It was built in 1884, using Covered Burr Arch Truss construction, by Kennedy Brothers, has a span of 98 feet, crosses over Little Blue River.
Around the early 2000s some of the Rush County covered bridges were rehabilitated and reinforced from a weight limit of three tons to ten tons but not this one. Its had its share of troubles. In the 1980s it sat closed in very poor condition and nearly lost. It was rehabbed for light traffic but was seriously damaged by arson in 1995. After discussion on whether it should stay or go it was restored for light traffic again. However the suffiency rating is now zero and could use an extensive rehabilitation if possible.