Sanatorium bridge

Sanatorium covered bridge, is situated on the CR 100N, east of Rockville, Parke County, Indiana.

It was originally built in 1913, by Joseph A. Britton, using a single span Burr Arch construction, with a span of 154 feet and crossing Little Raccoon Creek, to enable coal to be carried to the State Sanatorium.

During 2008, the cost ($1.34 Million) was raised and it was moved about a mile upstream to the former site of the Adams bridge, that was washed away in 1969. It now crosses CR 100 N over Little Raccoon Creek.

Advertisements