NO Pictures Yet, check back again!
Cumberland covered bridge, is situated on CR 990E, Matthews, Grant County, Indiana.
It was built in 1877, using Howe Through Truss construction, by William Parks, of Marion, has a span of 175 feet, crosses over the Mississinewa River.
According to a caption on a picture in the May 1967 edition of “Outdoor Indiana” this bridge was washed off it’s foundation and down stream in the 1913 flood. It was returned to its original site. The photo and caption were a part of an article “Indiana’s Covered Bridges” By Ruth Chin.
It was returned to the site by means of some kind of rollers, and the abutments were raised several feet before it was put back in place.